National Account Manager - Grocery
Full Time, Permanent
Hybrid – Home/Office based
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be our customer champion, utilising your relentless drive and vision to maximise the performance of our brands within your allocated customers with a category and shopper lead approach.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing inspiring, mutually beneficial customer growth plans, that will deliver growth, profitability, market share, and agreed-on customer targets.
As the face of our brands in your allocated customer group you will work collaboratively with our brand team to ensure all opportunities for brand growth are being maximised.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Planning and Management
- You will manage, lead and develop business through specific multiple and regional accounts as well as providing input to the develop brand and category plans.
- You will ensure Joint Business Plans reflect align to account strategies, maximise account opportunities, company objectives, product brand shares.
- Leverage business analytics and category insights to influence customer and company decision making; utilizing internal/customer business systems.
- You will input with along with your controller into to brand pricing strategies.
- You will ensure promotional activity and new product listings are achieved to maximise potential business in all accounts.
- You will ensure agreement of all plans with your accounts and ensure ‘execution with excellence’ both online and instore.
- You will take ownership of cost price increase negotiations with your allocated customers ensuring timely delivery and optimum outcome.
- You will achieve NSV and profitability targets and brand plans within customers under the remit. You will monitor and control account development and deliver budgeted sales and KPI’s of sales growth, market share & profitability targets monthly, quarterly, the half and FY
- You will provide accurate and timely sales volume and value forecasts, working closely with Brand and Logistics teams to ensure sufficient stock is available to meet existing and future requirements.
- You will maintain updated information and reports with account trading policies and business objectives and ensure that the most favourable trading terms on price, service & profitability are negotiated.
- You will effectively manage promotional budgets and identify improvement opportunities, maintaining control of customer investment within defined limits to ensure optimum return on investment.
- You will monitor competitor activity and market trends, reporting on any such activity and implementing alternative business strategies as required.
- You will establish collaborative working relationships all internal stakeholders.
- You will attend client review meetings as necessary.
- Minimum of 3-5 years National Account Management experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of working with buyers of Irish Multiple Grocery retailers (Dunnes, SuperValu, Tesco) at head office to build multi-level relationships is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering successful joint business plans with category and shopper drivers.
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good general standard of education including Maths and English.
- 3rd level qualification in business related discipline is advantageous but not required.
- The ability to negotiate in order to interface effectively with key external clients and stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, and sales modelling.
- Strong understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in trade recommendations and proposals.
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret sales data and forecast accordingly.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to identify and analyse trends and create commercial recommendations.
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to create impactful presentation for the trade and client review meetings.
- A broad understanding of external economic and political factors that influence the industry and the ability to eloquently outline these both at trade and client meetings.