To apply for this role please submit your latest CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Full Time, Permanent
Hybrid – Home/Office based (Wexford Town)
To support our ongoing business and drive additional growth, we’re looking for someone with a passion for brands and FMCG retail, and the drive and determination to succeed, to join our team as Customer Controller. As the senior customer lead for our FMCG customers, you will be responsible for overseeing the company’s relationships with Ireland’s biggest retailers in the grocery and convenience channel. As the lead for our retail business development plans, you will constantly seek out new opportunities to bring our brands to new retailers and consumers.
You will act as a key senior contact and escalation point for all FMCG key account customers, providing a unified presence across all trading departments/buyers.
You will support the client management team in building and delivering customer trading plans on an annual basis ensuring we are constantly driving additional growth and achieving all key business and client objectives.
You will be a customer champion, providing retail insight and trading updates at company and client business review meetings where required.
You will own the customer sales performance, actively identifying opportunities and risks as they arise and working cross functionally to resolve or achieve as necessary.
You will work closely with the Sales Operations and Field Sales teams to ensure agreed plans are delivered and executed at store level.
You will lead the company’s retail business development strategy by identifying and seeking out new opportunities across both NEW and existing retailers and channels.
You will represent the company at industry and customer events etc. in conjunction with the Commercial Controller.
As a senior team member, you will deputise for Commercial Controller during holiday periods/as required.
• An in-depth knowledge of the various retailers in the sector, their ways of working and how to deliver winning results within their stores.
• Exceptional customer service skills with an ability to forge and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers across all seniority levels both in person and via video conferencing.
• Exceptional commercial acumen with a solid history of delivering and exceeding sales and profitability targets across multiple business cycles.
• Demonstrable experience of successfully negotiating annual JPB plans, trading terms and price increases within the grocery sector.
• Previous experience of supporting and influencing the development of trading plans for brands at all stages of their life cycle.
• Understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in retailer recommendations and proposals.
• The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in order to manage your own responsibilities ensuring that work is completed within set deadlines.
• Previous experience and knowledge of the pharmacy sector would be advantageous.
• Flexibility to attend customer & client meetings, trade events etc. both in Ireland and overseas as required.
• Excellent IT proficiency, with emphasis on MS Teams, Excel and Powerpoint.
Career Experience & Qualifications:
• 5 Years + experience in a similar role within a distributor business or brand owner in the Irish FMCG Grocery and Convenience sectors.
• Third level or equivalent qualification in Business/Marketing or related discipline.
• Full, clean drivers license.