BUSINESS MANAGER - toiletries & personal care
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Full Time, Permanent
Hybrid – Home/Office based (Dublin/Wexford Town)
An opportunity has arisen to join our team and manage our exciting toiletries and personal care brands. As a Business Manager, you will be the ultimate leader for your specific portfolio of brands. You will build strong client and customer relationships to enable you to develop and deliver brand and channel plans to achieve client and company performance expectations. You will lead the customer agenda for assigned accounts/categories and deliver new business opportunities within all areas of remit.
Commercial and Brand
• Take full ownership of the relationship with designated Brand Principles
• Develop national commercial plans incorporating a deep understanding of client’s brands and trade objectives overlayed with localised priorities.
• Use internal and external market data sources, store visits & other data to deliver insights to support plan development.
• Identify new market opportunities, determining which of these are commercially viable to pursue.
• Develop and implement channel, customer, and annual trading plans
• Develop and implement annual shopper and consumer marketing plans in conjunction with customer and internal marketing teams
• Lead regular review meetings with clients
• Manage budget spend and stock levels with accurate financial and volume forecasting
• Manage profitably of your brands through effective P&L management
• Build strong relationships with allocated customers
• Create & deliver Joint Business Plans to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes in line with national channel plans
• Develop category solutions and strategic brand and trade plans for each account relevant to brands in your portfolio
• Ensure successful inclusion of NPD lines through range review processes
• Deliver cost price increases where required to maintain portfolio profitability
• Maximise Share of shelf, availability & promotional execution
• Deliver market leading in store activations and shopper marketing activities
• Effectively track performance, including NPD launches and promotions
• Monitor your accounts to provide timely insights to adjust plans where needed
• Ensure sales and merchandising teams are fully briefed on your brand portfolio to deliver trade plans
• Lead all customer meetings
• Show a strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, profitability and sales modelling.
• Ability to assess external factors and industry trends that may affect client business.
• Understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in client recommendations and proposals.
• The ability to communicate and negotiate in order to interface effectively with both clients at retailers to a senior level.
• The ability to critically think through an issue and propose possible solutions
• Look outwardly to identify new opportunities for growth
• Work cross functionally to ensure effective delivery of key initiatives to support business growth
• The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in order to manage your own responsibilities ensuring that work is completed within set deadlines.
• The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to analyse data and trends and create commercial recommendations.
• A good understanding of shopper marketing strategies and effective digital and social media marketing techniques.
CAREER EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• 3-4 years’ customer facing experience in a National Account role.
• Experience working with toiletries and personal care brands in the grocery and pharmacy channels
• Shopper/Consumer marketing experience and/or a good understanding of the strategies involved in effective implementation
• Full, clean driver’s license.