Customer Channel Controller - Pharmacy, Department Store & Lifestyle
Full Time, Permanent
Hybrid – Home/Office based
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV and cover letter to email@example.com
As a member of the commercial leadership team, you will work with the Commercial Director to realise our vision of being Ireland’s leading brand house driving a culture of excellence throughout the business, ensuring that we build strong relationships with our customers and clients and deliver exceptional results, while embracing innovation in everything we do.
As our senior customer lead for the health and beauty channel you will lead your team to drive our relationships with Ireland’s biggest retailers in the pharmacy, department store and lifestyle sectors.
You will also take day to day responsibility for customer management of our largest customers in the beauty sector.
Working with your Field Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving our field sales team to ensure best in class product availability and execution of joint business plans at store level.
With your growth mindset, you will work collaboratively with our brand teams and other key stakeholders to constantly maximise opportunities for future success.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- You will lead the customer function for the pharmacy, department store and lifestyle channels with full P&L responsibility for your channels.
- You will act as a key senior contact and escalation point for all FMCG customers, providing a unified presence across all trading departments and buyers.
- You will support the National Account Managers to build and deliver customer trading plans on an annual basis, ensuring we are constantly driving additional growth and achieving all key business and client objectives.
- You will work closely with your Field Sales Manager to ensure exceptional standards of in store service and execution are being maintained at all times.
- You will lead the company’s retail business development strategy by identifying and seeking out new opportunities across both NEW and existing retailers and channels.
- You will be a customer champion, providing retail insight and trading updates at company and client business review meetings where required.
- You will own the customer sales performance, actively identifying opportunities and risks as they arise and working cross functionally to resolve or achieve as necessary.
- Lead, motivate and support all members of the teams to ensure the smooth and effective running of the team.
Planning and Management
- You will manage, lead and develop business through specific multiple and regional accounts as well as providing input to the development of brand and category plans.
- You will ensure Joint Business Plans align to account strategies, maximise account opportunities, company and client objectives and brand share.
- Leverage business analytics and category insights to influence customer and company decision making, utilizing internal/customer business systems.
- You will work closely with brand teams to define suitable brand pricing strategies for your channels.
- You will work closely with your field sales manager to ensure adequate resources are in place to support implementation of customer plans at store level where required.
- You will lead the field sales briefing process for your channel, coordinating all information from across the business into a clear and concise activity plan for each journey cycle.
- You will work closely with the Sales Operations & Planning team to ensure customer administration requirements are being met.
- You will ensure promotional activity and new product listings are achieved to maximise potential business in all accounts.
- You will ensure agreement of all plans with your accounts and ensure ‘execution with excellence’ both online and instore.
- You will take ownership of cost price increase negotiations with your allocated customers ensuring timely delivery and optimum outcome.
- You will approve all agency and outsource field marketing spend to ensure optimum value for money and service delivery.
- You will achieve NSV and profitability targets and brand plans within customers under the remit. You will monitor and control account development and deliver budgeted sales and KPI’s of sales growth, market share & profitability targets monthly, quarterly, the half and FY
- You will advise the Commercial Director on any budget variances with proposals on how to address any short fall or capture incremental opportunities.
- You will ensure your team provide accurate and timely sales volume and value forecasts, working closely with Brand and Logistics teams to ensure sufficient stock is available to meet existing and future requirements.
- You will maintain updated information and reports with account trading policies and business objectives and ensure that the most favourable trading terms on price, service & profitability are negotiated.
- You will effectively manage promotional budgets and identify improvement opportunities, maintaining control of customer investment within defined limits to ensure optimum return on investment.
Talent Management and Development
- You will implement the company’s Talent Management and Development strategy within your team, ensuring all team members have the necessary support and development opportunities to maximise their potential.
- Liaise with Talent Management & Development to ensure that all annual performance appraisals are complete for all teams in line with company deadlines and that all personal and business objectives are agreed.
- Lead recruitment in line with company policy and procedure when required, in conjunction with Talent Management & Development.
- You will monitor competitor activity and report on any such activity, as well as making recommendations and implementing alternative business strategy in light of changing market conditions.
- You will establish collaborative working relationships all internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years National Account experience at a Senior NAM or Controller level within a fast-paced, dynamic organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of working with leading retailers in the beauty or personal care category across the Irish Pharmacy and Department store sectors is essential. Experience working with retailers in the grocery sector is advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing teams.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering successful joint business plans and negotiating annual trading terms.
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good general standard of education including Maths and English.
- 3rd level qualification in a business related discipline is advantageous but not essential.
- The ability to take a proactive and solutions orientated approach to business challenges.
- The ability to negotiate in order to interface effectively with key external clients and stakeholders.
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop others to ensure the smooth and effective management of the team.
- A strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, and sales modelling
- Strong understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in trade recommendations and proposals.
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret sales data and forecast accordingly.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to identify and analyse trends and create commercial recommendations.
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to create impactful presentation for the trade and client review meetings.
- A broad understanding of external economic and political factors that influence the industry and the ability to eloquently outline these both at trade and client meetings.