Full Time (9-5), Permanent
SALARY & BENEFITS
As one of Ireland’s leading outsourcing providers for brand owners targeting the Grocery, Convenience and Pharmacy channels, we represent some of Ireland’s favourite brands across various retail categories and channels.
We’re now looking for somebody with a passion for brands and retailing, and the drive and determination to succeed, to join our leadership team in the newly created position of Channel Controller.
As one of the broadest reaching roles within the organisation, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across all key business functions to drive growth for the business, our clients and our retail partners.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role is broadly split across three core areas of responsibility –
• You will hold overall responsibility for the P&L and budgeting process across the company’s commercial operations.
• Working with a team of 8-10 direct reports, your team will be responsible for managing all of the company’s clients covering a diverse range of brands across multiple retail categories and channels.
• You will support your team in creating and implementing innovative brand plans and growth strategies across all client brands ensuring that we are consistently delivering against all core company and client objectives on a weekly/monthly/annual basis.
• You will act as a senior company representative for all client meetings and business reviews and provide support at retailer meetings where required.
2. Business Development
• You will play a key role in identifying opportunities to expand our business with existing clients and will work closely with the Managing Director, to identify and secure business with new clients.
• You will work collaboratively with all stakeholders to identify further opportunities for the company to expand our range of services and will lead the onboarding process for all new clients and service areas.
• You will work closely with colleagues from other departments to implement an ethos of continuous improvement across all company operations.
• You will join a leadership team of 4 and will have the opportunity to contribute heavily to the company’s ambitious future growth plans.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• 5 Years + experience in a commercial role within a distributor business or brand owner in the Irish Grocery, Convenience or Pharmacy sectors.
• Exceptional commercial acumen with a solid history of preparing and exceeding sales and profitability targets across multiple business cycles.
• Previous experience of creating and implementing development plans for brands at all stages of their life cycle including an excellent knowledge of brand strategies across category management, shopper marketing, and consumer marketing.
• Proven track recording of building long term relationships with key stakeholders including national account retailers and clients/brand owners.
• Experience of leading and inspiring a team of direct reports.
• Flexibility to attend customer & client meetings, trade events etc. both in Ireland and overseas as required.
• Third level or equivalent qualification in Business/Marketing or related discipline.
• Excellent IT proficiency, particularly MS Excel.
• Full, clean drivers license.