COMMERCIAL BRAND MANAGER - HealthCare & VMS
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time, Permanent
Hybrid – Home/Office based
An opportunity has arisen to join our team and manage some of the most exciting brands in the Healthcare and VMS category.
As a Commercial Brand Manager, you will be the ultimate leader for your specific portfolio of brands.
You will build strong client relationships to enable you to develop and deliver brand and channel plans to achieve client and company performance expectations.
- Take full ownership of the relationship with designated Brand Partners
- Use internal and external market data sources, store visits & other data to deliver insights to support plan development.
- Identify new market opportunities, determining which of these are commercially viable to pursue.
- Develop national commercial plans aligning the client’s brand and product strategies with local market objectives.
- Develop and implement annual shopper and consumer marketing plans in conjunction with customer and internal marketing teams.
- Ensure National Accounts, Field Sales and merchandising teams are fully aligned on your brand portfolio plans to deliver trade executions.
- Monitor Execution of commercial plans and adjust as required to meet full year objectives and new market challenges
- Lead regular review meetings with clients to update on KPI’s, market insights and ensure alignment on adjustments required to commercial plans.
- Manage budget spend and stock levels with accurate financial and volume forecasting.
- Manage profitably of your brands through effective P&L management
- Show a strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, profitability and sales modelling.
- Ability to assess external factors and industry trends that may affect client business.
- Understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in client recommendations and proposals.
- The ability to communicate and negotiate in order to interface effectively with both clients at retailers to a senior level.
- The ability to critically think through an issue and propose possible solutions
- Look outwardly to identify new opportunities for growth
- Work cross functionally to ensure effective delivery of key initiatives to support business growth
- The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in order to manage your own responsibilities ensuring that work is completed within set deadlines.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to analyse data and trends and create commercial recommendations.
- A good understanding of shopper marketing strategies and effective digital and social media marketing techniques.
CAREER EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-4 years’ in a commercial brand management or buying role
- Shopper/Consumer marketing experience and/or a good understanding of the strategies involved in effective implementation
- Experience working in the grocery and/or pharmacy sectors
- Experience working with brands in the Healthcare/VMS categories would be a distinct advantage